Friday, April 8, 2011

Who Is This?!

At the risk of being redundant, and copy-catting my dear friend Anna, I have decided that perhaps I should sort of re-introduce myself.  A large part of the reason for this, of course, is that I recently invited a few people (some whom I recently met) to read my blog.  I don't know if any of you will or not, but if you are, know that I appreciate it and think about all of you a great deal.  So here goes:
  1. I'm madly in love with a man named Drew.  Funny thing, though... everyone on his ship calls him "William" or "Weiller".  His middle name is Andrew, and the other day a guy from the ship was looking to add him on Facebook, but kept looking for William.  Meanwhile, it's weird to me because I didn't know him as anything but Drew until we started dating.
  2. My name is Laura, middle name Marie.  I never really liked my name (except the middle part) until I met Drew.  The way he said it made it "fit" me somehow.
  3. I come from a podunk town in Georgia, and I sound like it. 
  4. My name means "Laurel Crowned" or "Victorious" and my middle name means "Bitter Sea". 
  5. I enjoy studying the eccentricities of the zodiac and how our personalities supposedly match up to it.  I do not believe in astrology, nor do I believe in a star determining our destinies.  It's just interesting.
  6. My astrological signs are Taurus for Western and the Year of the Ox for Chinese.  No worries though.  I've yet to murder anyone for waving a red flag in my face.
  7. I'm a pet-freak.  I love animals of the furry varieties, and really want to train dogs for a living.
  8. My dream is to one day be able to have a work-at-home facility of sorts where I train animals to help people in whatever capacity needed.  We have guide dogs for the blind and hearing dogs for the deaf, and there are many more organizations out there.  I just feel that so many people are falling through the cracks for whatever reasons, when they could be helped so much by the loving, therapeutic care a dog can give. 
  9. I love manga and anime, but probably not as much as a lot of people do.  I like anything with a plot, and some of my friends are bit more content with it just being manga / anime... lol.
  10. I've hand-made jewelry since I was about twelve years old.  I started out with bracelets made of embroidery floss and moved on up to hemp jewelry.  Now, I've gotten into more ecclectic jewelery with the help of my local Michael's store.  I do sell it, and love doing custom pieces for my friends.
  11. Not only am I crafty with my hands, but I took it to the web as well.  I make all of my backgrounds myself.  Occasionally, I will even incorporate things like clothing articles etc. to make a background look more real or textured.
  12. I love tattoos as both an art form and an odd sort of storyboard.  Everyone has their reasons for getting a tattoo, and I love hearing those reasons. 
  13. I have one tattoo on each wrist, and am planning another tattoo which I hope to get before homecoming.
  14. My favorite book series would probably be Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya.  Yes, it is manga, and yes, that may be a bit childish, but the message is amazing.
  15. My favorite facial feature is my eye color.  Brown hazel.  And I hate that it doesn't say "BH" or "Brown Hazel" on things like my photo-IDs.  They really should correct this oversight.  It's ANNOYING.
  16. Everyone has their "trademark" fashion.  Mine is probably chipped nail polish at this point.  Not just any chipped nail polish, but wild-colored nail polish.
  17. I find it "awww"-inspiring that in about 25% of all photos of myself and my husband, his eyes somehow are cut toward my face, even when facing the camera.
  18. I have many favorites for lack of decision.
  19. I am fully decided on my favorite color.  It's indigo.
  20. Every year, I consider my birthday to be awesomely special for some reason... and even when I don't make a big to-do or have a party, I'm doing it for myself from the inside out.  It's just a little lonely that way.
  21. I have a Southern accent, and boy does the drawl become more pronounced the second I decide joining in the Country singing.
  22. My favorite past-times with immediate family involve coonhunting and fishing with my dad, and window-shopping with Mom.
  23. I collect knives, poker cards from various places, and electronic gadgets.
  24. Call me stubborn, but it is not easy to tell me what to do.  I must be convinced of the validity of the need, etc.
  25. People ask me if I have a bucket list.  No.  Because if I did, it would consist of things like "Get tattoo of Mom's famous 'Laura, please don't get a tattoo...' request."
  26. I can be a rebel.  See #25.
  27. I love decorating my home.  One of my big dreams for our future home is to have a room, or rooms, within our house where we are free to literally write or paint on the walls.  I want a home where if I discover a moving quote that I feel our lives are somehow built upon, I can write that quote directly on the walls.  Who needs expensive art pieces when they can turn their house into one, right?
  28. I think it would be really cool to buy a house, move in, and over time, flip it to suit our needs.  I think it makes more sense than building our own home, though really, I could be happy either way.
  29. My dad majorly helped to shape the way I view pretty much everything in life from friendships, to dealing with situations, to how I treat my spouse.
  30. My mom was my school teacher for 10 years as I was homeschooled from kindergarten through 9th grade.  She has shaped a much different side of the way I approach life.  In addition she was an honest disciplinarian who took her role in our home very seriously.
  31. When I'm sad, or just need my dad around, you can find me snacking on a small pile of honey-buns with either a Yoo-Hoo, Starbucks hot chocolate, or a Pepsi in hand.  Somehow these things just make it better in an odd way.
  32. Best advice my dad has ever given me in any given situation is, "Aw-well, Bug, I just wouldn't worry 'bout it too much."  He approaches life with a never-say-die attitude coupled with a calming agent that can easily be mistaken for carefree-ism.
  33. Best advice Mom ever gave me was all of the advice she gave me prior to marriage.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to follow all of it to the letter, but the fact that she gave it has really helped.  I've been able to spot some problems before they happened, and knew better how to deal with others we were unable to stop.
  34. Say and do whatever you want to me, and there's truly no telling what the reply or reaction might be.  But threaten to jeopardize my marriage / relationship with Drew, or do anything remotely threatening toward my friends, and we're through dealing.  No more miss nice.
  35. I have little tolerance for those who are the butt of the "here's your sign" jokes Bill Engvall does.  My favorite example of this being:  Grandma - "Does Emmanuel (college) have laundry facilities in the dorms, or do you have to walk to a laundromat...?"  Me - "Neither.  You know how there's Franklin Springs?  We go down to the spring (it's like a lil crik) and warsh 'em up there, hang 'em on the bushes to dry and have an old camp meeting right there..."
  36. I take every opportunity to not allow people to forget silly things they've said or done.  Like the time an "OD student" guided Mary Susan home from the fellowship group...  Or the time Hannah said "...and POOF, the oven was on fire!!"
  37. You needn't worry about #37, as I have plenty of laughs at my own expense as well.  I recently looked in the fridge and wondered why it was suddenly so empty.  Then I realized that a LOAF OF BREAD had made it look completely crowded in there...
  38. I have two freckles on my foot that look like... well... this ==>>  Oo  And I enjoy making googly eyed smiley faces using those two freckles and a pen.
  39. I wear four rings daily: my wedding (spinner) band, which has "Always and Forever" printed around it, my butterfly ring, another spinner ring which a close friend picked out for me.  It has "Live Laugh Love" printed on it.  Finally an opal ring my mom gave me a few years ago upon her return from Seattle.  None of them ever come off.
  40. If I had my choice in a dog breed and nothing else mattered than just what I wanted, I would pick one of the following three: Doberman, Pit Bull, Husky.
  41. My favorite place in Georgia, aside from Athens, is Helen.  Savannah is nice as well, but a bit too far south for me.
  42. As far as travel goes, I've been to Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, North / South Carolinas, Virginia, West Virginia, Seattle, Florida (which I don't remember), and from Toronoto all the way across Canada to BC by way of train, then bus.
  43. I would love to travel outside of the US.  I especially want to see Japanese cherry blossoms, Austria (particularly Salzberg / Vienna), Ireland, Italy, possibly France, Spain, and Switzerland.
  44. My cell phone of choice is the MyTouch 3G slide.  I would love to have more "Gs", but I'd rather wait until the 4, 5, or 6G of MyTouch comes out with a slide phone...
  45. My current cell phone shell features... *drumroll*  Cherry blossoms.  Or at least something that reminds me of them.
  46. Nicknames I've had over the years have included: Bug, Buger Bear, Hot Rod, Hot Rod Rootus, Trouble Brew, and those are just a few.
  47. I consider myself to have a love-hate relationship with others, but then I think, "Who doesn't?"
  48. My favorite drinks are Pepsi, sweet tea, and chocolate milk / hot chocolate.
  49. My favorite alcoholic beverages are the sangrias at Olive Garden.
  50. I find the Twilight series an interesting read.  And I refuse to apologize for that.
  51. Politics.  Uhm.  No.  I don't even vote.
  52. Sometimes I'm a bit superstitious.  Okay... a lot of the time.  But see, I've got this guy, and his job takes him out to sea and amid danger on a daily basis.  So... yeah.  I think I'll keep kissing my necklace at night in hopes he "feels" it.
  53. When I see people kiss on screen, sometimes I feel like Drew just kissed me... it's...odd.  Not that I want it to stop or anything.
  54. I refuse to start Fable III until I have successfully completed Fable II.  My game guide is currently busy with work.  So I'm kinda ticked at the stupid talking walls.
  55. Is it just me, or do most of our pets have odd or exotic names?  Ryo, Hatsuharu (Haru), Twitter, Sunset (Sunny) and Cher, Jynx, and Chica Rica de Esperanza (Rica).
  56. My favorite doritos are Cooler Ranch, though the Pizza and Nacho Cheese ones are awesome too.
  57. I love Pepsi, but HATE the flavored variety... (vanilla, cherry, etc.)  Same with coke, so I reckon I'm just old fashioned like that.
  58. I am a member of at least two message boards which I frequent; and have been a moderator at one since around 2007ish.
  59. I love the outdoors, but often prefer the indoors instead.  I want to remedy this at some point with work.
  60. As a child (and still today) I often hunted and fished with my dad.  I love coonhunting, and the hounds we used.
  61. Despite my personal enjoyment of various rap / hip-hop music styles, it really lights my grill (ibad way) when my neighbor cranks up his vehicle and sits there for 5-10 minutes with just the sound of the vibrations: Boom.  Boom.  Bah-boom, boom.  Boom.  Boom.  BUH-BOOM, BOOM!!
  62. I'm semi-famous for my lame jokes.
  63. I love being organized.  Though to be honest, my organization style is not easily understood.  It could best be described as "organized chaos".
  64. I enjoy writing about controversial subjects.
  65. My favorite tattoo artist is Kat von D from LA Ink.
  66. My favorite magazine is Cesar Millan's Cesar's Way.
  67. I don't really watch TV anymore, and we currently don't have TV.  It's all good though, I love Netflix and movies on DVD.
  68. Greatest cowboy EVER to grace the screen would be Roy Rogers.  Although Nick from Big Valley would have to be a close second.
  69. I only put half a large bag of sugar in my sweet tea...it's no big deal, really, because I'm Georgian like that.
  70. For those who have yet to try coon meat, it's really good.  Especially as a sandwich.
  71. I'm allergic to certain types of tree sap and some anti-bacterial soaps.  I can't use the soap in public places, so I carry around stuff to replace it.
  72. I've been writing for a long time now, and I love wordplay.
  73. Drawing is something that came to me after hours of practice, and when I'm truly focused.  Anything I draw has some kind of meaning to me, or is a way to re-focus on a meaning or discover a new meaning of something. 
  74. Jesus is my Savior, and the husband He gave me, my guardian.
  75. As you can guess by #74, I am a Christian.  This doesn't mean that you'll be seeing me in church, or that I will be found in Bible studies.  It simply means that I love Jesus, respect His word, and try not to judge those who don't.  I have much freedom in Christ, and I enjoy it.
  76. Foot rubs / back rubs are AWESOME when given by the right person.  Which generally for me means that only Drew is allowed there. 
  77. I keep at most two journals at any given point in time.  There is my journal which I write in every day (and my husband is allowed to read at any time he chooses), and then there is a journal that I write to him whenever he's away for long periods of time.  It helps me get through it because I can share absolutely anything that I would rather share wtih him in there, but maybe don't have the opportunity to share.
  78. We don't live on base.  That's a misconception created by the fact that we live so close to it. 
  79. My personality type is INFJ.  Supposedly only 1% of the world's population is INFJ, making it the rarest type.  So far, I've only knowingly met one other.  We get along splendidly, and I'm grateful to be so close to someone who understands many of my feelings and emotions about things.
  80. I consider my lucky numbers to be 27, 7, and 85.
  81. I love a clean house.  I also love maid services, although I do enjoy me some hard work.
  82. Pet peeves for me involve stupid people with stupid questions and Virginian drivers.  I also HATE it when people don't pull all the way to the last free pump at the gas station... stop going to the first one you happen to get to!  (Note: if someone is already at the last pump, or blocking you from it, you are freed from my wrath.)
  83. Dancing...  I love it.  I love creating my own, as well as joining in a group.
  84. I once told someone never to trust a Georgian -- then I asked her to trust me.  :-p
  85. I was born in 1985.  Which makes this a great ending point. 
Thanks to all who have gotten this far.  I hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment