Friday, January 28, 2011

Let's Go to the Hop!

Today, I am (once again, because this seems to be a sudden new fad for me) breaking my tradition and doing something a little different for a change.  Sorry guys, a lot has been going on, so I haven't been keeping up with things as I should have.  It will pick back up soon, I promise.

I was browsing around today, and happened across Household 6 Diva's Blizzard Bloghop.  Basically, the idea is to get to know other bloggers by introducing yourself.  It looked like fun, and I know I have some newer readers out there, so I figured I would do this.  If anyone has questions afterward, please comment.  And hey, even if you don't have questions, comment.  Let me know you're there.  :D
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Laura:
  • Age - 25
  • Birthday - April 27th
  • Astrology - Year of the Ox; Taurus
  • Favorite color - Indigo
  • Favorite music - Country, Classic Rock, Rock, and some Hip-Hop
  • Collects - Interesting knives and playing cards from all over the world
  • Favorite restaurant - DePalmas Italian Cafe in Athens, GA
  • Activities - Reading, writing, and other general creativity
  • Originated - Northeastern Georgia, United States
  • Current residency - Virginia
  • Occupation - None at present; hand makes jewelry, has Cafepress.  (If you'd like something, please put in a request.)
  • Dream - To be a dog trainer who eventually owns/operates a small rescue / rehabilitation facility for homeless dogs and cats.  A place that trains the unwanted and grooms them into the rescued animals who rescue their adoptees in some way.
  • Bonded pet - Haru the cat, Rica the Chihuahua
  • Role models - my dad, an old friend, my husband, and of course Cesar Millan from the Dog Whisperer show.
The27Unique:  I began blogging via LiveJournal sometime in 2006.  At the time it was simply an escape from what was... a place to have a public journal when I needed to let off some steam.  As I got older and grew up more, I began seeing the potential for an actual blog in my "journaling".  I love writing, so it is easy to manipulate the writing into something more productive than what I was doing.  I built a new blog here at BlogSpot and have been loving it ever since.  In addition to The27Unique, I have a second blog, Project Raindance, where I am writing the story of how I met my husband. 

Drew:
  • Relationship - Loving husband
  • Occupation - Navy
  • Collects - Knives, playing cards, Bionicles
  • Favorite color - Red / Black
  • Activities - Time with me, duh... XBOX 360 and watching comedy among other DVDs
  • Favorite restaurant - Anything authentically Italian
  • Originated - Somewheres in Mississippi
  • Current residency - Virginia
  • Dream Occupation - a game creator / tester
  • Role models - When off duty, Jack Daniels.  When on duty...WWE characters?  Ron White?
  • Bonded pet - Ryo the cat
  • Favorite music - Classic Rock, Rock, and some Country
We married in December of 2008.  Our lives have changed a great deal since then, and we're loving it.  Life is for the living and the learning, and it is a beautiful thing we're making of it all.  We have been truly blessed, and look forward to
seeing where God takes us.

Ryo:

We found Ryo on Craigslist back in summer of 2009.  She is a dainty little princess mixed with a flying ninja, or "kung pow kitten".  She loves Drew and her "main (neutered) squeeze," Haru.  When Drew is away, she takes it pretty hard, becoming quite clingy to me.  We believe the people we got her from were backyard breeders.  Ryo was named after Drew's screenname.  The name is Japanese for "Excellent". 

Hatsuharu:

Hatsuharu (Haru) was also found on Craigslist.  He came from a kind home where the people rescued him.  The lady who saved him found him at her college campus wandering around after some idiot just dropped him off.  He is our gentleman prince.  Completely protective over Ryo, he will growl at anything or anyone that makes her feel insecure.  His name comes from my favorite manga series, Fruits Basket, and it means "New Year" or "Early Spring".


Twitter:

We were in Petco one evening getting pet supplies when we saw this crazily-marked creature over in what I call the "cat house" where the local organizations bring cats to stay and be seen by potential adopters.  We told the shelter volunteer we had two cats and couldn't take another.  Little did I know that I would connect with the guy so much that when we walked away, without thinking, I turned to Drew and whispered, "Could we PLEASE get Twitter?!"  I then paused a moment thinking, "Did I just say that?"  Twitter is "bi"...literally.  His favorite toys are all hot pink (no lie).  He isn't "bonded" to anyone in particular because he is so outgoing that he isn't stuck on just one person.  He loves everyone and is a bit of a social butterfly.  He acts like a dog, in that he plays fetch and will occasionally give kisses.  We don't know how he got his name... but we love it.  And him.

Chica Rica de Esperanza:

Rica is my 9ish year old Chihuahua.  Unfortunately, at this time, she does not live with Drew and I as our apartment complex does not allow dogs.  She is my baby and I miss her terribly, but I know that my parents are taking excellent care of her in my absence.  The funniest thing I've ever seen her do was a few years ago when I made my dad a sandwich for lunch.  Rica somehow got onto the computer desk where the sandwich was, dragged it to the floor, and ate ALL of it except some of the bread within 30 seconds flat.  Dad had to eat a salad instead as we had no more sandwich meat.  As he sat down to eat the salad, Rica hopped up on the sofa next to him looking expectantly at the salad (begging).  Just then, she let out a belch that could easily have rivaled most men in a contest.  We still laugh about that.  I'm so grateful for all the time she's given me over the years.  Love ya Rii!

We also have two betta fish named Sunset (Sunny) and Cher, though I do not have photos I'd like to put up of them at this time.  Maybe someday.

So that's our family.  I hope you enjoyed the Bloghop and will go do your own :D  Be sure to add your name to the list at  Household 6 Diva's Page to let her know that you were a part of it!  I look forward to reading the comments.

3 comments:

  1. How fun that you introduced us to your hubby and kitties, too! I love the name of Twitter! We have 3 cats and one dog that has seizures regularly. The fun never ends around these parts!

    ~Mimi @ Woven by Words #224 from the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby and I also got married in December (although ours was a few years before yours!) Great to 'meet' you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a really neat idea. I'll have to check it out:)

    ReplyDelete